PLEASE READ THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS BELOW THOROUGHLY.
Failure to follow the basic instructions and safety precautions listed in the user manual can lead to damage to your device, other property damage, serious bodily injury, and even death.
Thank you for purchasing the Hover-1 Electric Scooter. Please read all instructions carefully before using and retain this manual for future use and reference.
This applies to the Hover-1 Scooter.
• In order to avoid dangers that are caused by collisions, falls, and loss of control, please learn how to ride the Hover-1 safely.
• You can learn operating skills by reading the product manual and watching videos.
• This manual includes all operating instructions and precautions, and users must read it carefully and follow the instructions.
• All users are responsible for any consequences caused by violating warning contents or prompt operations. HypeTM can not be held liable.
1. Use only the supplied charger with this scooter.
SHENZHEN FUYUANDIAN POWER CO LTD
2. The operating temperature range of the charger is 50° F-77° F (10-25° C).
3. The operating temperature range of the Hover-1 is 32-113° F (0-45° C).
4. Do not ride on icy or slippery surfaces.
5. Read the user manual and warning labels before riding.
6. Store the Hover-1 in a dry, ventilated environment.
7. When transporting the Hover-1, avoid violent crashes or impact.
LOW TEMPERATURE WARNING
Low temperature will affect the lubrication of moving parts inside the Hover-1 scooter, increasing internal resistance. At the same time, in low temperatures, the discharge capacity and the capacity itself of the battery will be significantly decreased.
Do not ride the Hover-1 violently in low temperatures around or below 32° F (0° C).
Doing so may increase the risk of mechanical failures of the scooter, which may lead to damage to your device, other property damage, serious bodily injury and even death.
• Keep the device away from heat sources, direct sunlight, humidity, and prolonged exposure to water.
• Do not operate the device if it has been exposed to water, moisture or any other liquids to prevent against electric shock, explosion and/or injury to yourself and damage to the device.
• Do not use the device if it has been dropped or damaged in any way.
• Repairs to electrical equipment should only be performed by a qualified electrician. Improper repairs may place the user at serious risk.
• Do not puncture or harm the exterior surface of the product in any way.
• Keep the device free from dust, lint, etc.
• Do not use this device for anything other than its intended use or purpose. Doing so may damage the device.
• This product is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not expose batteries, battery pack, or batteries installed to excessive heat, such as direct sunlight, or open flame.
The first rule in safe riding is to use common sense. A Hover-1 is vulnerable; it cannot protect you in a crash, against impact, or loss of control t he way driving a car can. A Hover-1 can tip over sideways or pitch you over the front wheel. It does not have bumpers or airbags as a car does. This section is a guide of safe riding practices for on and off-road operation. Make sure you are using your Hover-1 properly.
Different localities and countries have different laws governing riding on public roads, and you should check with local officials to ensure you are complying with these laws.
Hype is not liable for tickets or violations given to riders who do not follow these regulations.
• For your safety, always wear a helmet that meets CPSC or CE safety standards. In the event of an accident, a helmet can protect you from serious injury and in some cases, even death.
• Obey all local traffic laws. Obey red and green lights, one-way streets, stop signs, pedestrian crosswalks, etc.
• Ride with the traffic, not against it.
• If riding with friends and multiple Hover-1 Compacts, ride in a single file in a straight line.
• Ride defensively; expect the unexpected.
• Give pedestrians the right-of-way.
• Do not ride too close to pedestrians and alert them if you intend to pass them from behind.
• Slow down at all street intersections and look to the left and right before crossing.
• Your Hover-1 is not equipped with reflectors. It is not recommended that you ride your bike in conditions of low visibility.
• If you are riding your scooter in low-visibility conditions, ensure your LED lights are turned on, and that you are wearing bright, reflective clothing.
• Think about safety when you ride. You can prevent many accidents if you think about safety. Below is a helpful checklist for Compact riders.
• Do not ride “double” with more than one adult rider on the scooter.
• Avoid riding in large groups, as this can force you to ride too close to other riders, making it difficult to see other vehicles and road hazards.
• Do not ride above your skill level. Ensure you have had enough practice with all functions and features of your Hover-1.
• Do not ride too fast -- with increased speed comes increased risk. If you are moving at a higher speed, small bumps can turn into large impacts, leading to a higher risk of injury if an accident occurs.
• Do not ride your bike with any pets.
• If you are in an accident while driving your device, contact Emergency Medical Services or 911 immediately for help.
• Before stepping on your device, make sure it is placed flat on level ground, the power is on, and the Running Indicator light is green. Do not step on if the Running Indicator is red.
• Do not try to open or modify your device, as doing manufacturer warranty, and may cause failure to your device leading to serious bodily injury or death.
• Do not use the device to place yourself or anyone else and their
property in danger.
• If you and your friend(s) are driving Hover-1s together, be sure to keep a safe distance between each other to prevent collisions, property damage, serious injuries or even death.
• Be sure to keep you feet on the pedals at all times. Moving your feet off your device while driving is dangerous.
• Do not operate the device while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. It is dangerous and illegal. You can and will be arrested for driving under the influence.
• Do not operate the device when you are restless or sleepy.
• Use your best judgment to keep yourself out of dangerous situations with your device.
• Do not ride your device off of curbs, ramps, or attempt to operate in a skate park, empty pool, or in any way similar to a skateboard or scooter. The Hover-1 IS NOT A SKATEBOARD.
• Do not continuously spin in place, it will cause dizziness and you will fall and injure yourself.
• Do not abuse your device, doing so can damage your unit and cause failure to the operating system leading to injury.
• Do not drive in or near puddles of water, mud, sand, stones, gravel, debris or near rough and rugged terrain.
• The device can be used on paved roads that are flat and even. If you encounter uneven pavement, please lift your Hover-1 over and past the obstruction.
• Do not ride in inclement weather: snow, rain, hail, sleek, on icy roads or in extreme heat.
• Do not ride in or near pools or other large bodies of water.
• Bend your knees when riding on bumpy or uneven pavement to absorb the shock and vibration and help you keep your balance. • If you are unsure if you can safely ride on a specific terrain, step off and carry your device. ALWAYS BE ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION.
• Do not attempt to ride over bumps or objects greater then ½ inch even when prepared and bending your knees.
• PAY ATTENTION - look at where you are riding and be conscious of the road conditions, people, places, property and objects around you.
• Do not operate the device in crowded areas.
• Operate your device with extreme caution when indoors, especially around people, property, and narrow spaces like doorways and other narrow spaces.
• Operate your device with extreme consideration for people and property at all times.
• Do not operate the device while talking, texting, or looking at your phone.
• Do not ride your device where it is not permitted.
• Do not ride your device near motor vehicles or on public roads.
• Do not climb or travel down steep hills with your device.
• The device is intended for use by a single individual, DO NOT attempt to operate the device with two or more people.
• Do not carry anything while riding the device.
• Individuals with lack of balance should not attempt to operate the device.
• Pregnant women and women who plan on being pregnant should not operate the device.
• Young children and the elderly should not operate the device without proper instruction and supervision.
• At higher speeds, always take into consideration longer stopping distances.
• DO NOT step forward off of your device.
• Do not attempt to jump on or off your device.
• Do not attempt any stunts or tricks with your device.
• Do not ride the device in dark or poorly lit areas.
• Do not ride the device near or over potholes, cracks or uneven pavement or surfaces.
• Do not operate your device off-road.
• Keep in mind that you are 4.5 inches (11.43 cm) taller when operating the device. Make sure to go through doorways safely.
• Do not turn sharply, especially at high speeds.
• Do not exceed the maximum or minimum weight limits.
• Do not step on the fenders of the device.
• Avoid driving the device in unsafe places, including near areas with flammable gas, steam, liquid, dust, fiber, which could cause fire and explosion accidents.