Our warranty only covers internal manufacturer defects. Physical damage is not included. We offer replacement shells available for sale on our Parts and Accessories page here.
Absolutely! Hover-1 products use non-standard voltage chargers. Chargers are available here:
Please be advised that the use of generic chargers voids the warranty and may damage your Hover-1 or pose a serious fire risk.
Yes, all warranty claims require a valid receipt or gift receipt. There are no exceptions so please keep a copy of your receipt.
If the product was a gift, we recommend you ask the gift giver to either provide you with a copy of the receipt or help you process the warranty claim on your behalf.
Unfortunately, your product’s warranty is only valid in the country in which you purchased your product.
90 Day Limited Warranty
(Applies to Hoverboards / Folding E-scooters /
Folding E-bikes / Skateboards / Kart / Buggy)
This product comes with a 90-day limited part and labor warranty for manufacturer defects. This includes defects to the motor, gyroscopic sensor, battery, motherboards, lights, controller, and Bluetooth(r) module.
The conditions of this warranty and our responsibilities under this warranty are as follows:
This warranty is non-transferable and is limited to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser. Manufacturer warranty only applies to products purchased through an authorized Hover-1 retailer. Any items purchased from private sellers, online auction sites, including eBay, liquidators, or items sold "as-is" or "final sale" or from clearance or going-out-of-business sales are not covered by warranty. The warranty period begins on the date of receipt. Please retain a copy of your receipt as this will be required to prove the date of purchase should a warranty claim be needed.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary under local laws. The following conditions comprise the requirements and scope of our warranty conditions and do not affect our legal and contractual warranty obligations.
A) Warranty in effect:
- Hover-1 reserves the right to exchange the returned product for a replacement product of equal or greater value if it is deemed that the product cannot be repaired within a reasonable time or at a reasonable cost. The warranty will be fulfilled on a case-by-case basis at Hover-1's discretion. Products and/or parts that have been replaced or exchanged become property of Hover-
- Warranties that have been activated do not cause the warranty period to be extended, nor do they trigger a new warranty period. The warranty period for any replacement parts installed ends with the warranty period for the entire product.
- The manufacturer's responsibility shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the product at its sole discretion.
B) The warranty excludes:
- Physical abuse, improper installation, modification or repairs done by an unauthorized third party.
- The manufacturer will not take any responsibility if the unit's failure has resulted from accidents, abuse, misuse, or unauthorized repair, modification, or disassembly.
- Over-charging or damages due to improperly maintaining the lithium-ion battery installed in the unit.
- Tires, charge ports, or other parts which are considered consumables such as glass or plastic or defects based on normal wear and tear.
- Marginal differences compared to the target appearance and workmanship provided as these have a negligible effect on the product’s fitness for use.
- Damage to the product caused by chemical or electrochemical effects, water, moisture, debris, or abnormal conditions.
C) The warranty will be considered void if:1.
- Using any charger other than a genuine Hover-1 charger or the charger designed for your specific model as this could pose the risk of a serious fire hazard.
- If repairs or modifications are performed without the written consent of Hover-1 or if a Hover-1 product is equipped with additional parts or accessories not approved for the product by Hover-1.
- Exposure to water, moisture, mud, dirt or debris
- Items with missing or unreadable serial numbers are not covered by the warranty.
D) Hover-1 is not liable for accidental, indirect, or other consequential damage of any kind, which leads to usage restrictions, data loss, and loss of earnings or interruption to business. If you have purchased an extended warranty, please contact the seller for assistance.
Any other further claims are excluded, including those for replacement due to damage caused to the outside of the product, provided there is no obligatory legal liability.
Submitting a warranty claim:
1. To take advantage of your warranty services, please submit a ticket to the Hover-1 Service Center by visiting www.Hover-1.com
2. Hover-1 will attempt to diagnose and resolve your issue. Hover-1 may require photos and/or videos to properly diagnose the issue and verify warranty eligibility. A copy of your receipt or online order confirmation, with the purchase date visible, is required. Hover-1 reserves the right to verify purchases with the retailer and/or asset protection databases. Warranty claims will be denied if the receipt is invalid, cannot be verified, or if the item has been returned or exchanged. If it is determined that a valid warranty claim exists, Hover-1 may send replacement parts or issue an RMA number (Return Material Authorization) to return the damaged product as Hover-1 deems appropriate.
3. If an RMA is issued, the package must be shipped within 14 days of the RMA issuance. If a package is received outside of this time frame, the package will be refused and returned to the sender.
4. In the event that Hover-1's technicians find that the product lacks a manufacturer defect, and the malfunction is due to abuse, water damage, debris, or moisture exposure, or improper maintenance, the customer will be charged for return shipping, and no repairs will be performed.
IMPORTANT: Hover-1 will only accept parcels that have been assigned an active RMA number.
Authorized Retailers: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon (excluding Amazon Marketplace), Brand Cell, Veteran’s Canteen, Fred Meyer, Academy Sports, Electronics Express, Purchasing Power, Home Shopping Network, QVC, Bed Bath & Beyond, Capitol Sales, Evine, Fry’s, Groupon, Northern Tool, The Sharper Image, Kroger, Woot, Meijer, True Value, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s.
The limited warranty stated above is only valid for products sold in the Contiguous U.S. by Hover-1 or its authorized resellers. Items purchased in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico have shipping restrictions on batteries that prevent Hover-1 from shipping replacement units or batteries outside of the Contiguous U.S.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HOVER-1'S TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICABLE HOVER-1 PRODUCTS OR THIS WARRANTY POLICY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCT.
PARTS AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED
Hover-1 reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to interpret, modify and amend this warranty policy at any time.